Elite Athlete Program
A considerable fund has been established by ActivateUTS to provide support to high achievers in a wide range of sporting pursuits.
ActivateUTS supports athletes studying at UTS via the following programs:
- Elite Athlete Program;
- High Performance Program;
- Emerging Athlete Program; and
- EAP Housing Scholarships
Elite and Emerging Athlete Program:
Each scholar in the Elite Athlete Program may receive:
- Financial assistance in the form of a cash grant, depending on performance (Elite Only)
- Free use of the ActivateFit on Harris gym and consultation & programming services
- Access to the Elite Athlete Private Gym
- Subsidised fees when competing for UTS in University Sporting Competitions
- Assistance with academic matters via the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
- EAP branded training apparel.
High Performance Program :
The High Performance Program (HPP) aligns with the UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Program (EAP) to offer club specific scholarships to UTS student athletes competing for four targeted High Performance clubs at UTS; Australian Football, Hockey, Netball and Volleyball.
Working in conjunction with these clubs, the HPP offers a wide range of benefits and services in order to attract and retain the best student athletes in Australia, supporting them in both their sporting and academic careers. Recipients will reap the benefits of their scholarship for as long as they remain at the club and UTS for the duration of their studies. UTS HPP scholarship inclusions are as follows:
- Financial assistance towards National University Championships
- Full access to the UTS EAP Private Strength and Conditioning Gym
- Free gym membership to Activate Fit Gym
- Scholarship grant (top tier scholarships only)
- Consideration for the UTS Elite Athlete Program
UTS EAP Housing Scholarship:
Each year the UTS EAP and UTS Housing award two scholarships to high performing student athletes to assist with their sporting and academic pursuits. Introduced in 2013 the scholarship provides students with a single room in the UTS Housing accommodation for the period of one university year.
Elite Athlete Friendly University Network
UTS is a member of the Elite Athlete Friendly University Network, which means elite athletes have access to appropriate support services, helping facilitate academic success.
As a member of the EAFU Network, UTS will attempt to assist athletes in the following areas:
- Assessment – assistance with assignment extension requests and defer exam requests
- Timetable/study planning – helping to find best fit for sporting and academic commitments
- Enrolment assistance
- Examinations – assistance negotiating location and supervision arrangements
For more information on Activate UTS Elite Athlete Program please follow the link below https://www.activateuts.com.au/Sport/EAP
Olivia Rowntree – High Performance Program Scholar